60 acres to yourself in lovely Prince Edward County – Ontario’s up & coming wine region, home to Sandbanks Provincial Park. Enjoy a comfy 2 bed country cottage, hikes in forest, hammock lounging in the meadow – 10 wineries less than 10 minutes away!
- A partially newly renovated country-chic cottage with fully equipped kitchen, 1 full bathroom, king size bed in the master suite and daybed in the spare. Full size dining room, lounge area. Enjoy the sunrise on 1 of 2 decks, watch the sunset from the second. The perfect country getaway – whether you want to curl up and read, explore the great outdoors in private, or enjoy all The County has to offer.
- Sleep in and wake up with the sun. Enjoy your morning cup and let the day melt away. Perhaps a hike through the forest? Hang out by the creek? Or maybe just lounge in a hammock in the meadow? Take a hike to the beaver pond, play catch, kick the ball, enjoy the great outdoors. Bike ride to nearby wineries (more than 10 within 5km) or to nearby North Beach on Lake Ontario and the charm of the Village of Wellington. Or discover your own little secret part of The County – the possibilities are endless.
- As much or as little as you like. We won’t be around during your stay but are always just a phone call away. We’ll offer plenty of tips and assistance to make your time away from home as comfortable and memorable as possible.
- Closson Road is easily accessible off of Hwy 401 Wooler Rd exit onto Loyalist Parkway (Hwy 33). You’ll pass by a number of wineries along the way, all of which are worth a visit. One of our favourties is Hinterland, just 400m away – specializing in sparkling wines. Pickup a bottle and celebrate your getaway. About 500m past our place is The Grange – one of the best. Just a 5 minute drive away is Karlo winery, a lovely place to hear live music and grab a snack (and wine, of course). Lots more to discover – wine maps posted in the Cottage. Looking for a special meal – check out East & Main in Wellington – one of the best dinning experiences you’ll have anywhere. North Beach is a great way to spend a hot summer afternoon, go antiquing in Bloomfield, or explore further afield and discover all The County’s charms.
- Easily accessible off Loyalist Parkway (Hwy 33) on a paved road near just about all the best things in The County. There is no public transit in our neighbourhood – sorry, it’s the country! Two bikes for your use though!
- If you want to explore all the property has to offer, best to bring a pair of rubber boots. Bug spray is a safe bet if you’re going to be outside for awhile.